ACHOF Breaking News – Here Are The Winners of the 2020 Grammy Awards for Packaging
Posted 3/14/21 by Mike Goldstein, AlbumCoverHallofFame.com
2020 Grammy Awards special update – Having been delayed until today due to precautions taken because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Grammy Awards in the Packaging category were presented during the GRAMMY Awards Premiere Ceremony® that took place today beginning at 12:00 p.m. PT (3:00 p.m. EST) and streamed live internationally via GRAMMY.com. Preceding the 63rd Annual GRAMMY Awards® telecast tonight, the Premiere Ceremony have been hosted by current three-time nominee Jhené Aiko and feature a number of performances by current GRAMMY nominees.
And now, here are the details of the winners in each of the three Packaging categories:
– In the “Best Recording Package” category, the nominees were:
- Pilar Zeta, art director, for Coldplay’s EVERYDAY LIFE; Kyle Goen, art director, for Lil Wayne’s FUNERAL; Julian Gross & Hannah Hooper, art directors, for HEALER by Grouplove; Jordan Butcher, art director, for ON CIRCLES by Caspian and Doug Cunningham & Jason Noto, art directors for Desert Sessions’ VOLS. 11 & 12,
and the winners were the team behind Desert Sessions’ VOLS. 11 & 12 – art directors Doug Cunningham and Jason Noto.
– In the “Best Boxed Or Special Limited Edition Package” category, the nominees were:
- Linn Wie Andersen, Simon Earith, Paul McCartney and James Musgrave, art directors, for Paul McCartney’s FLAMING PIE (COLLECTOR’S EDITION); Lisa Glines & Doran Tyson, art directors, for the Grateful Dead’s GIANTS STADIUM 1987, 1989, 1991; Jeff Schulz, art director, for MODE by Depeche Mode; Lawrence Azerrad & Jeff Tweedy, art directors, for Wilco’s ODE TO JOY and Michael Cina & Molly Smith, art directors, for VMP ANTHOLOGY: THE STORY OF GHOSTLY INTERNATIONAL, with music by various artists,
and the winners were Lawrence Azerrad & Jeff Tweedy, art directors, for Wilco’s ODE TO JOY.
And although this category is not regularly covered by the ACHOF, the nominees in the “Best Album Notes” category were:
- Tim Brooks, album notes writer, for AT THE MINSTREL SHOW: MINSTREL ROUTINES FROM THE STUDIO, 1894-1926 (Various Artists); Scott B. Bomar, album notes writer, for THE BAKERSFIELD SOUND: COUNTRY MUSIC CAPITAL OF THE WEST, 1940-1974 (Various Artists); Bob Mehr, album notes writer for DEAD MAN’S POP by The Replacements; Colin Hancock, album notes writer, for THE MISSING LINK: HOW GUS HAENSCHEN GOT US FROM JOPLIN TO JAZZ AND SHAPED THE MUSIC BUSINESS (Various Artists) and David Sager, album notes writer, for Nat Brusiloff’s OUT OF A CLEAR BLUE SKY,
with the Grammy going to Bob Mehr, album notes writer for DEAD MAN’S POP by The Replacements.
If you’d like to see the complete list of Grammy Award winners in all categories, click on over to the Grammy.com site at https://www.grammy.com/grammys/awards/63rd-annual-grammy-awards-2020
Of course, you can rely on the ACHOF to deliver the news of the winners in each category and, with any luck, an interview with one or more of the winning artists as soon as they’ve come back to Earth, so please watch this space for the exciting news. Congratulations to all the winners and nominees – keep up the great work, as your fans truly appreciate your efforts!
This news update Copyright 2021 Mike Goldstein/AlbumCoverHallofFame.com – All Rights Reserved. All trademarks mentioned in this news article are the property of their respective rights-holders and are used for informational purposes only.